Obtain astonishing vintage sounds by processing instruments and vocals with the help of this classic analog style VST compression plugin
What's new in Classic Compressor 1.17:
The free Classic Compressor by Kjaerhus Audio is a classic analog style VST Compressor Plugin with a lot of warmth and punch. The Classic Compressor has been designed specifically for individual instruments and vocal, but the VST plugin is also useable on your final mixes. The Classic Compressor plugin features smooth compression, adjustable. NastyDLA is a classic chorus echo device with tape-delay simulation. Classic chorus and echo effects. Authentic signal path coloration. Tape-delay style feedback and saturation. Use this device as an audio insert effect to take advantage of the input stage saturation and coloring for the whole signal and not only the wet portion.
- Hyperlink from logo, quickly allowing a check for updates and new products.
- Solved issue where the GUI was invisible and / or wasn’t repainted properly in some hosts and wrappers.
- Solved issue with wrongly reported I/O sampling rate.
Classic Compressor is a classic analogue VST plugin that can be integrated within any compatible host application and used for processing individual instruments or vocals to achieve professional sound.
VST compressors are widely used for modifying signals that require adjusting due to muffled microphone sounds or other similar reasons. This particular one features smooth compression and adjustable ratio options, ready to help you generate great-sounding audio.
Featuring a forthright interface, Classic Compressor comes with analogue modeled sound, allowing you to easily modify the tone and the timbre of a final mix. Its feature set allows you to obtain energetic vocal tracks and maximize the output level in a stream.
The plugin enables you to experiment with sounds by altering and adjusting the available parameters. It allows you to set volume thresholds (from -40 to 0 dB) and features adjustable compression ratio, as well as customizable knee levels, which can vary from 'hard' to 'soft'.
You can easily set the attack and the release times using the dedicated options in the main window and set the level of the output volume.
Classic Compressor allows preset loading, is compatible with all sampling rates and supports VST automation. It is very low on system resources, which makes it perfect for processing your mixes.
Classic Compressor is mainly intended to assist music creators, mixing and mastering engineers in processing instruments and vocals to obtain vintage sounds. It implements a signal processing technology that aims to help you mold unique mixes and obtain the sound you want with minimum effort.
Filed underClassic Compressor was reviewed by Mihaela Teodorovici
- VST Host System
Classic Compressor 1.17add to watchlistsend us an update
- runs on:
- Windows XP
- file size:
- 356 KB
- main category:
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID
Disclosure: When you buy through our links, we may get a commission at zero cost to you.
NastyDLA is a free classic chorus VST plugin by Variety of Sound, which also features tape-delay simulation.
- Classic chorus and echo effects
- authentic signal path coloration
- Tape-delay style feedback and saturation
- input stage model including signal coloration and non-linearities (switchable)
- classic chorus/flanger effect with amount and rate control which automatically adapts to the delay line configuration
- frequency balancing filter for dead-easy overall tone adjustments in the feedback path
- two different feedback color modes
- feedback circuit and control which supports resonance up to self-oscillation
- standard DSP 12dB high-pass filter
- custom “tape style” low-pass filtering
- sophisticated “tape hiss” noise simulation
- negative or positive pre-delay
- comprehensive tape dynamics simulation taken from the core of the award-winning FerricTDS
- the dynamics offer a slight audio ducking effect (switchable)
- two independent delay lines with up to 3sec delay time and sync to host
- delay time modulation with two different modes
- additional phase distortion (switchable)
- audio level metering display
- dry/wet controls plus “wet only” option
- power/bypass switch
- all parameters available through host automation
Tips From The Developer:
- Use this device as an audio insert effect to take advantage of the input stage saturation and coloring for the whole signal and not only the wet portion
- If more straight saturation from the delay feedback loop is desired then switch the ducking mode on. This turns the internal compressors’ sidechain straight to the plug-ins input and so it does not react anymore on the feedback loops signal. Now the saturator has to do the job on its own …
Best Chorus Vst
- Win32 and VST only