1) Download the High Sierra installer from Mac App Store. When the download completes and your Mac launches it, quit the installer and check that it’s still in your /Applications folder. If it is elsewhere on your computer, move it to the Applications folder. This tutorial will be marginally easier if you leave the file name as the default. Download macOS High Sierra for Free. To download macOS 10.13 High Sierra you have to click on the link down below. Before downloading and installing macOS Sierra 10.13, keep in mind that this is not the final version and it is developer preview 1. I highly recommend you to install. All-in-all, a solid update offering compatibility with a decent array of Mac hardware, and available for you to download and install right now. MacOS 10.3 High Sierra is available as a free-of-charge download from the Mac App Store right now. Once downloaded from under Updates tab in the Mac App Store or by directly searching for it in the. High Sierra emphasizes the already-existing benefits of MacOS previous system, Sierra. There are few bells and whistles, but the changes are noticeable and positive. The Apple file system is the most significant feature it brought. It enables the storage and encryption of a large number of files. Thus, it boosts performance and helps manage. Download MacOS High Sierra v10.13.6 free standalone offline image installer. MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 is a powerful OS X release from Apple with numerous enhancements and a bundle of powerful tools. MacOS High Sierra v10.13.6 Review.
Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 latest version standalone offline setup for Macintosh systems. macOS High Sierra 10.13 is the latest Apple OS release after El Captain with different enhancements and fixes.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Review
Apple is continuously enhancing the operating systems to improve the performance and delivering better security feature. macOS High Sierra 10.13 according to Apple provides a better environment for everyone providing better speed and more secure environment to the users. Addressing many issues in the previous releases, High Sierra is now even more stable environment with a wide range of new features. A Sleeker user interface for easy understanding of the users and a powerful environment to perform all the operations.
This release addresses many issues which were present in the previous versions as well as focusses on the security, compatibility, and stability of Mac. Moreover, it includes support for 70 new emoji of different types, Bluetooth bugs, reliable Microsoft Exchange message sync, Spotlight fixes and much more. Touch ID preferences are also accessible while using the mobile account on MacBook, support for FileVault-encrypted APFS volume and much more. On concluding notes, macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 includes various security enhancements and different new features.
Features of macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
- Powerful Mac Operating System
- Focusses on various bugs and security issues
- Different compatibility enhancements
- Supports devices with iOS 11
- 70 new emoji of different types
- Bluetooth bug fixes
- Improved Microsoft Exchanger Message
- Spotlight fix for keyboard input
Technical Details of macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
- File Name: macOS_10.13.1_High_Sierra.dmg
- File Size: 4.9 GB
- Developer: Apple
System Requirements for macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
- Supported Devices:
- iMac 10,1–17,1
- MacBook & MacBook Retina 6,1–9,1
- MacBook Pro 7,1–11,5
- MacBookAir 3,1–7,2
- Mac Mini 4,1–7,1
- Mac Pro 5,1–6,1
- 2 GB of RAM
- 15 GB free HDD
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or higher
macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Free Download
Download macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 latest version free standalone offline DMG image by clicking the below button. It is a stable OS with various security and compatibility enhancements.
So, you’ve decided to download an older version of Mac OS X. There are many reasons that could point you to this radical decision. To begin with, some of your apps may not be working properly (or simply crash) on newer operating systems. Also, you may have noticed your Mac’s performance went down right after the last update. Finally, if you want to run a parallel copy of Mac OS X on a virtual machine, you too will need a working installation file of an older Mac OS X. Further down we’ll explain where to get one and what problems you may face down the road.
A list of all Mac OS X versions
We’ll be repeatedly referring to these Apple OS versions below, so it’s good to know the basic macOS timeline.
|Cheetah 10.0||Puma 10.1||Jaguar 10.2|
|Panther 10.3||Tiger 10.4||Leopard 10.5|
|Snow Leopard 10.6||Lion 10.7||Mountain Lion 10.8|
|Mavericks 10.9||Yosemite 10.10||El Capitan 10.11|
|Sierra 10.12||High Sierra 10.13||Mojave 10.14|
STEP 1. Prepare your Mac for installation
Given your Mac isn’t new and is filled with data, you will probably need enough free space on your Mac. This includes not just space for the OS itself but also space for other applications and your user data. One more argument is that the free space on your disk translates into virtual memory so your apps have “fuel” to operate on. The chart below tells you how much free space is needed.
Note, that it is recommended that you install OS on a clean drive. Next, you will need enough disk space available, for example, to create Recovery Partition. Here are some ideas to free up space on your drive:
- Uninstall large unused apps
- Empty Trash Bin and Downloads
- Locate the biggest files on your computer:
Go to Finder > All My Files > Arrange by size
Then you can move your space hoggers onto an external drive or a cloud storage.
If you aren’t comfortable with cleaning the Mac manually, there are some nice automatic “room cleaners”. Our favorite is CleanMyMac as it’s most simple to use of all. It deletes system junk, old broken apps, and the rest of hidden junk on your drive.
Download CleanMyMac for OS 10.4 - 10.8 (free version)
Download CleanMyMac for OS 10.9 (free version)
Download CleanMyMac for OS 10.10 - 10.14 (free version)
STEP 2. Get a copy of Mac OS X download
Normally, it is assumed that updating OS is a one-way road. That’s why going back to a past Apple OS version is problematic. The main challenge is to download the OS installation file itself, because your Mac may already be running a newer version. If you succeed in downloading the OS installation, your next step is to create a bootable USB or DVD and then reinstall the OS on your computer.
How to download older Mac OS X versions via the App Store
If you once had purchased an old version of Mac OS X from the App Store, open it and go to the Purchased tab. There you’ll find all the installers you can download. However, it doesn’t always work that way. The purchased section lists only those operating systems that you had downloaded in the past. But here is the path to check it:
- Click the App Store icon.
- Click Purchases in the top menu.
- Scroll down to find the preferred OS X version.
- Click Download.
This method allows you to download Mavericks and Yosemite by logging with your Apple ID — only if you previously downloaded them from the Mac App Store.
Without App Store: Download Mac OS version as Apple Developer
If you are signed with an Apple Developer account, you can get access to products that are no longer listed on the App Store. If you desperately need a lower OS X version build, consider creating a new Developer account among other options. The membership cost is $99/year and provides a bunch of perks unavailable to ordinary users.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that if you visit developer.apple.com/downloads, you can only find 10.3-10.6 OS X operating systems there. Newer versions are not available because starting Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.7, the App Store has become the only source of updating Apple OS versions.
Purchase an older version of Mac operating system
You can purchase a boxed or email version of past Mac OS X directly from Apple. Both will cost you around $20. For the reason of being rather antiquated, Snow Leopard and earlier Apple versions can only be installed from DVD.
Buy a boxed edition of Snow Leopard 10.6
Get an email copy of Lion 10.7
Get an email copy of Mountain Lion 10.8
The email edition comes with a special download code you can use for the Mac App Store. Note, that to install the Lion or Mountain Lion, your Mac needs to be running Snow Leopard so you can install the newer OS on top of it.
How to get macOS El Capitan download
If you are wondering if you can run El Capitan on an older Mac, rejoice as it’s possible too. But before your Mac can run El Capitan it has to be updated to OS X 10.6.8. So, here are main steps you should take:
1. Install Snow Leopard from install DVD.
2. Update to 10.6.8 using Software Update.
3. Download El Capitan here.
“I can’t download an old version of Mac OS X”
If you have a newer Mac, there is no physical option to install Mac OS versions older than your current Mac model. For instance, if your MacBook was released in 2014, don’t expect it to run any OS released prior of that time, because older Apple OS versions simply do not include hardware drivers for your Mac.
But as it often happens, workarounds are possible. There is still a chance to download the installation file if you have an access to a Mac (or virtual machine) running that operating system. For example, to get an installer for Lion, you may ask a friend who has Lion-operated Mac or, once again, set up a virtual machine running Lion. Then you will need to prepare an external drive to download the installation file using OS X Utilities.
Can You Still Download Macos High Sierra
After you’ve completed the download, the installer should launch automatically, but you can click Cancel and copy the file you need. Below is the detailed instruction how to do it.
STEP 3. Install older OS X onto an external drive
The following method allows you to download Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks.
- Start your Mac holding down Command + R.
- Prepare a clean external drive (at least 10 GB of storage).
- Within OS X Utilities, choose Reinstall OS X.
- Select external drive as a source.
- Enter your Apple ID.
Now the OS should start downloading automatically onto the external drive. After the download is complete, your Mac will prompt you to do a restart, but at this point, you should completely shut it down. Now that the installation file is “captured” onto your external drive, you can reinstall the OS, this time running the file on your Mac.
- Boot your Mac from your standard drive.
- Connect the external drive.
- Go to external drive > OS X Install Data.
Locate InstallESD.dmg disk image file — this is the file you need to reinstall Lion OS X. The same steps are valid for Mountain Lion and Mavericks.
How to downgrade a Mac running later macOS versions
If your Mac runs macOS Sierra 10.12 or macOS High Sierra 10.13, it is possible to revert it to the previous system if you are not satisfied with the experience. You can do it either with Time Machine or by creating a bootable USB or external drive.
Instruction to downgrade from macOS Sierra
Instruction to downgrade from macOS High Sierra
Instruction to downgrade from macOS Mojave
Instruction to downgrade from macOS Catalina
Before you do it, the best advice is to back your Mac up so your most important files stay intact. In addition to that, it makes sense to clean up your Mac from old system junk files and application leftovers. The easiest way to do it is to run CleanMyMac X on your machine (download it for free here).
Visit your local Apple Store to download older OS X version
If none of the options to get older OS X worked, pay a visit to nearest local Apple Store. They should have image installations going back to OS Leopard and earlier. You can also ask their assistance to create a bootable USB drive with the installation file. So here you are. We hope this article has helped you to download an old version of Mac OS X. Below are a few more links you may find interesting.